Clearance and export formalities
The procedures for clearance of imported goods as well as the export of goods from the country according to the Customs Law and its implementing regulations are subject to the regulation of customs declaration and submission to the customs. The undersigned is obliged to affix the required documents, such as purchase logs, certificates of origin, bank documents and other permissions required by the relevant laws and regulations.
According to the rules of export and import regulations, the export and import goods are divided into three groups:
- 1) Authorized Goods: A product whose issue or entry does not require licensing in accordance with the criteria.
- 2) Conditional Goods: Goods that can be issued or imported by obtaining permissions.
- 3) Prohibited goods: Goods that are issued or imported under the holy Islamic law or prohibited by law.
The goods submitted for customs registration or entry into the customs declaration are reviewed in accordance with the contents of the declaration and the relevant documents and regulations. And if there is no contradiction, it will be applied to the issue of a customs license and its clearance.
Customs formalities for the export of certain goods are exclusively carried out in the following customs:
- Carpets in western customs of Tehran, Mehrabad, Kerman, Shiraz, Kermanshah and Mashhad
- Pistachios in the customs of Kerman, west of Tehran and Mehrabad
- Saffron in the customs of Mashhad and Mehrabad
- Skin and intestine and Salombo in the customs of southern Tehran
Export Processing Circular Execution Instruction Clearance steps:
General prohibition of import and export of goods
On the basis of rules and regulation of I.R.Iran, import of some goods and /or their export is totally prohibited. Some of those goods are as follows:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Gambling tools
- Weapons, ammunition and explosive goods
- Narcotic drugs
- Magazines, photos, films and snaps and those goods, which are against religious and national dignity of the country.
- Any type of writings which are against the official religion of the country and /or disturbing discipline and public purity and national dignity.
- Those types of goods which have legitimate and legal prohibition and /or their import and export have not been allowed according to the customs tariff table or special rules.